The Growing Gorillas Curriculum is a series of graduated martial arts based lesson plans for children and teens, founded in movement education philosophies.
What Is the Primary Goal of Growing Gorillas?
The primary goal of the Growing Gorillas program is to use a foundation of martial arts and movement education to instruct children in the values of respect, confidence, and leadership skills, so they can be successful on the mat, and in life.
The Growing Gorillas Kids Program uses Martial Arts to teach children about themselves and those around them. They become healthier, happier, confident, and ultimately more productive members of society.Travis Davison, Head Coach
The curriculum is designed for children in the following age categories:
- 3 - 5 years | Micro Monkeys
- 5 - 7 years | Spider Monkeys
- 7 - 10 years | Chimpanzees
- 10 -12 years | Juniors
- 12 + years | Teens
There are a total of 30 week-long lesson plans in the Growing Gorillas curriculum.
Each lesson is carefully designed from start to finish, and includes warm up, skill instruction, game play and life skill instruction to keep your students engaged and confident as they strive to reach their goals.
The Growing Gorillas curriculum is designed to provide valuable fitness programming for youth that will help your gym grow members and prosper as a business.
The curriculum is organized into 3 phases of development:
- EXPLORERS | Introduction to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- LEADERSHIP TEAM | Reserved for students who are committed to mastering Martial Arts and ready to take their training to the next level
- SUBMISSION SAMURAI | The most elite level of martial artists in our kids program, holding the highest honor and responsibilities in the gym.
An awards and recognition strategy offers tangible outcomes for the graduates of each stage.